|Landing in Sicily. Photo: Alessandro Rota, Oxfam|
|The boat cemetery at Pozzallo (Ragusa). Photo by Alessandro Rota, Oxfam.|
- the immediate repeal of the Italy-Libya agreement
- the revision of agreements with transit countries (so-called 'compacts') in order to encourage only the sustainable development of poor countries and respect for the human rights of migrants, without aiming to control the borders
- Impeding member states from signing agreements with countries of emigration or transit where the government and security forces do not guarantee full respect for human rights
- the activation of an Italian program for the identification, assistance and rehabilitation of asylum seekers who are victims of torture, as foreseen by European regulations
- the activation of safe and legal channels of immigration to Europe, facilitating the procedure for family unification and guaranteeing the possibility of claiming asylum in European countries of arrival
- allowing the deportation of migrants from EU states to home countries only via procedures grounded in respect for human rights, and never in potentially dangerous conditions.